Wednesday, January 26, 2011

'CONSUMER RIGHTS'

MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
Q1. I had booked Maruti Swift Dezire Car for Rs. 5,10,000. The car was supposed to be delivered in six months. There was delay in delivery of car. The price of car has gone up to Rs. 5,25,000. In this case,
(a) I need to pay additional Rs. 15,000 at the time of taking delivery of the car.
(b) I am not liable to pay additional Rs. 15,000 as delay is on the part of car dealer.
(c) I can cancel the booking of car and claim refund of paid amount due to delay.
(d) I can switch to another car which is available and does not need additional payment.
Ans.  (b)  I am not liable to pay additional Rs. 15,000 as delay is on the part of car dealer
Q2. "Hallmark is the certification maintained for standardisation of jewelery."
(a) True
(b) False
Ans (a)  True
Q3. I had applied for an electricity connection. However, I was not provided power supply. In this situation,
(a) I can approach consumer court to seek redressal.
(b) I cannot approach consumer court to seek redressal.
(c) I can file a civil suit in the court of law against Electricity Board.
(d) (b) and (c) only
(e) All of the Above
Ans (d)    (b) and (c) only
Q4. Which of the following does not fall under Consumer Rights?
(a) Right to be informed
(b) Right to choose
(c) Right to seek govt. help
(d) Right to represent the consumers court.
Ans (c)  Right to seek govt. help
Q5. I had booked a train ticket in one o the super-fast trains. The train was delayed for long hours without any reason. In this situation,
(a) I cannot approach consumer court as train delays can happen sometime
(b) I can file a complaint in Railway Office an claim refund of my ticket amount
(c) I can approach consumer court for deficiency in service and claim refund of super-fast charges as damage.
(d) I can cancel my ticket without paying cancellation charges to Railways.
Ans(c)  I can approach consumer court for deficiency in service and claim refund of super-fast charges as damage
Q6. What is COPRA?
(a) Consumer Operating Protection Regulation Authority
(b) Consumer Protection Act
(c) Consumer Protection Authority
(d) All of the Above
Ans (b)  Consumer Protection Act
Q7. I bought branded packaged milk of 500ml from a retailer. The packet actually gave gave 400ml of milk. In this situation,
(a) I can file criminal complaint against the company under Indian Penal Code.
(b) I can approach the Consumer Court
(c) Either (a) or (b)
(d) Both (a) and (b)
Ans (d)  Both (a) and (b)
Q8. What arose out of dissatisfaction of the consumers as many unfair practices were being indulged in by the sellers?
(a) Consumer Awareness
(b) Consumer Movement
(c) Consumer Rights
(d) Consumer Duties
Ans(b)  Consumer Movement


Q9. I am not getting regular water supply. What can I do against the concerned Govt. authority?

(a) Approach Consumer Court
(b) Approach Civil Court
(c) Cannot approach any court
(d) (a) and (b) only
Ans(c)  Cannot approach any court

Q10. In the market place, consumers are exploited when
(a) Shopkeepers weigh less than what they should
(b) Traders add charges that were not mentioned before
(c) Adulterated/defective goods are sold
(d) All of the Above
Ans (d)  All of the Above

No comments:

Post a Comment